I’m working at the coffee bean trying to review the direction for our website and make the website a business hub for us. And what’s happening? The usual! I’m getting overwhelmed with ideas and possibilities. I’m looking at tons and tons of different sites such as
FOCUS >>> FIGHT THE RESISTANCE
Rage Against the Resistance
Had a very productive meeting with Chris. Essentially, I have to increase the visibility of my brand. I need to clarify what I do, why I am worth listening to and how I specifically help people. My current website does a terrible job of this. Here are some samples I’m going to use.
Looked then at models of when someone signs up, what they can get. Remember this is like training a dog. you must give them samples of what THEY want while performing the behavior YOU want them to take. http://www.copyblogger.com/content-marketing-essentials/
One example is this:
Simple Strategies to Move The Needle for Online Marketing Success.
In this mini course, we provide you with a brief, action-oriented overview to help you understand the quick, critical questions you must ask AND answer for your online success. Here is one model http://jamesdebono.com/social-media-marketing-plan/
- Course 1: Focus (Biggest Issue and I can take from 7 Minute Blogging, Mari’s and My Material to help develop the WHY!). Use the WCH as an example
- Session 2: WHO: Who, more than anyone else are you trying to help? You need to be specific and here are some questions to ask to help you get there (story of Mitch and radio station)
- Session 3: WIIFT: What’s in it for them? How are you specifically helping them. Here are some questions to ask to discover their wants and needs (WCH,
- Session 4: How do you connect with them? How do you choose a tool? And remember the tool must match their needs as well as yours. If it doesn’t fit your business model how can you adapt to make it work (Story of Emerald Isle). This can be coupled up with a series of posts reviewing the big tools and using some type of grid to list out the strength of each http://www.cmo.com/social-media-guide/2012/#
- Session 5: Do the work. How to make sure it goes
RESOURCES FOR COMPLETING THIS INCLUDE
- Mari Smith Resources: https://marismith.customerhub.net/30-days-to-social-media-success
- Brendon Burchard http://www.expertsacademy.com/theplan
- Danny Iny Video Course (signed up for) http://www.firepolemarketing.com/blog/danny-iny/
- David Siteman Garland (Signed up for)
- Pushing Social (signed up for)
- I want them to sign up and get in the sales funnel
- Then I want them to sign up for an eCourse or membership site where they’ll receive tons of assistance and help learning how to use online tools to grow their business and revenues.
Interaction strategies (J Falls)
So I’m keeping with my promise for today. I spoke, via Twitter, with a student who is getting paid to do webinars. Might be an interesting route. Also, did a podcast with Ben Brust.
Again the key here is how to get PAID for something online. I know wishlist, Paul Evans, Brendon Burchard, Rise to the Top, Ana White, Social Media Examiner, etc. All models that generate on-going, continuous revenue. What I do in this vain? Again that’s the question.
I’m meeting with my compadre Chris tomorrow to discuss our ideas at 8 am. We’ll see how this turns out. I’m also talking to HubSpot. Gotta keep at it.
Now I can say … the work is done for today.
In the spirit of finding the first product here are two resources for multipart courses. One from Danny Iny and the other from Copyblogger
How to Create a Great E-Newsletter
Danny Iny Let’s Get More Cash Online Course
For a long time, it’s been a search. Trying to discover how to actually make money online. I know it can be done. I’ve read a ton about how to do it, attended conferences run by people earning 5, 6, and 7 figures annually online and learned literally hundreds of different ways to do it. But there has been one big thing keeping me from making any progress. That one thing? Focus.
I’ve been jumping from idea to idea like a chat chasing a laser pointer, getting nowhere fast. I have the “If i only buy this program THEN, i’ll be able to succeed”. Or, “I’m going to commit for the next X number of days to see if this works”. Problem is, I always, always, always change where I’m looking and don’t follow through.
There absolutely have to be a way, with all I know, what all the people I’ve been fortunate enough to meet, to become fantastically successful online. First, I just want to make money doing this. Even if it’s just a couple of hundred dollars a month, I need to do it. I’ve been stuck chasing, running like a hamster in the wheel, trying, often desperately, to find my niche. Do I belong here? Should I specialize doing this? Is my life just screwed because I crumbled at the academy? How am I to know what I’m supposed to be doing? When will I get a sign? How will I know it’s the right sign? How will I know this is my life’s work? etc., etc., etc.
The goal is simple. Make money online. And write daily about how things are going. That’s it. This is my experiment in crossing the Rubicon an doing the work.